Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fox News is Staffed by a Nest of Dickish Morons

According to Fox News Mr. Rogers is an Evil Man which is also according to another source, Don Chance, a FINANCE instructor at Louisiana State University. If he were a psychologist, maybe I would understand where his logic came from, but what does he really know about that?

Apparently, Mr. Rogers has given American students a sense of entitlement that doesn't allow them to accept the fact that they didn't do A work. I'm not buying this and Mr. Chance is an idiot at best. Studies showed that narcissism has increased in the past 25 years, not that Mr. Rogers was the reason behind it. For a lot of kids, he was probably the only encouragement they had. Let's not forget that he taught kids all about things our parents couldn't, like where toilets, musical instruments, and other things are made.

But let's forget about that for a second. Mr. Rogers is an evil man for giving kids self-esteem and whatnot, why don't we just scrutinize all our childhood shows? Sesame Street is a den for deviants of all kinds. The Count is a pimp, Cookie Monster's a fiend, Snuffleupagus is a pot head, and I'm pretty sure the Grouch is a sexual deviant of the worst kind, who knows what happens when unsuspecting children walk past his trash can?

The flowers are a trap. Keep walking, kid.
If that's what's at Sesame Street, I don't wanna know how to get there, I'd much rather take a leisurely stroll down crack alley. Also, note that there's no song asking how to get out of Sesame Street. That's because you can't.

What this really boils down to is parents not establishing clear boundaries for their kids. Yeah, Mr. Rogers told me I was special too, but my parents told me that I still had to work for what I wanted and that being special didn't mean that I was an exception. Instead, I'm guessing a lot of parents let TV raise their children, which is such a terrible idea.

Regardless of who raised these people who grew up with a sense of entitlement, Mr. Rogers is probably the only one that gave them any useful lessons on what it means to be a good person. So, Fox News, stop talking about how evil a good dead man is. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say any of that to his face, because if even a sliver of the rumors are true, you won't even know you've been owned by the nicest children's role model ever.

Don't let the sweater fool you,
 he can hit you in the face with that shoe from 100 yards away.

1 comment:

  1. I never understood why he had to change his attire when he came indoors. Like if he put on loafers or something that might make sense but he put on an old mans version of chuck taylors. Not to mention he took off his light jacket to put on a sweater, what aren't sweaters suitable outdoor attire?

    ReplyDelete