Thursday, July 29, 2010

Unlearning Generality

This isn't really in the same vein of what I've been writing so far, but it's a blog, who cares?
On and off I've been reading this book called 48 Days to the Work you Love, and it's always been able to lift me up when I wasn't in the best mood; especially when I was pissed because I couldn't find a job. Reading this book has helped me define some of my more obscure desires and abilities, and I'm glad for that-though I could say that it was the hand that pushed me off the cliff of vague ambitions and into the realm of clarified desire and caused me to want no other job than one that will actually help me in the future.

Though, when I landed at the bottom of this realm, all I found was a bunch of broken or useless shit. So I got pissed. I damn near hated everything and wanted only what I couldn't reach because of my experience or broken links (literally). The whole time I thought, "There ain't shit here that I want, how is this defined in any way?" Though what I said was actually heavily saturated in obscenities and vulgarities, that was what I was trying to say.

The funny thing about all of this was that I was actually in a place to specifically identify what I could and could not do, what I was and was not willing to learn to do, and what I didn't want to do. Before, I lived in a land of generalities that only allowed me to think in terms of a wide ranging occupation or careers without ever investigating the details, now I'm posting in the land o being. Meaning, I want to be a novelist, a video game script writer, and a damn good martial artist. All in my lifetime. Who says we should limit ourselves to one thing? That person should be shot. Repeatedly. Revived. Then shot again. Because he's just wasting his life and other's as well by spouting that bullshit.

So yeah, all that's to say, don't limit yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment